Thanks very much to Stories of a Highly Sensitive Introvert for nominating me for the Liebster Award! She writes awesome posts, so please check her blog out!
How this award works:
- Acknowledge the blog who nominated you and display award.
- Answer 11 questions the blogger gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 blogs and notify them of the nomination.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
Without further ado, here we go!
1. What is your favourite memory?
I have many but one of my favorite involves Halloween. We had a very scary looking house–it was painted a dark gray and in the dark was well, just plain scary. Our family took it to the hilt. My Mom was the picture of sweetness, she would invite those cute little trick or treaters in and right next to the foyer, we had a sunken living room. My Dad would lay down in the living room near the foyer and when the kids were well inside, he would reach out and grab their ankles. They would scream and run out and then tell all their friends. We had TONS of trick or treaters all up for the fear!! My sister would wear a mask and lay on the coffee table in the living room with a sheet over her body. My brother would wear a mask too and hold an axe over her like he was chopping her head off. Yes, those were fun times!!
2. What is one thing you regret, and if you could go back what would you do differently?
Well, I would go back and not marry my ex-husband. But, in retrospect, going through that experience and leaving him in the face of everyone’s displeasure (because they didn’t understand what was going on behind the scenes) made me into the strong person I am today where I believe in myself and I hold to the motto, “To Thine Own Self, Be True.”
3. What are your goals at the moment?
My current goal has to do with my children’s books. I am trying to reach as many children as possible with the positive messages in my books to help improve their lives.
4. How are you feeling right now?
I am super happy! I’m leaving in 2 weeks to go visit my second grand-daughter. She was born at the beginning of September and obviously doesn’t live local. Can’t wait to kiss her precious cheeks and hold her for hours on end.
5. What did you have for dinner today?
Fried chicken which I haven’t had in like years!! It was delicious!
6. When was the last time you cried, and why?
I haven’t cried in awhile mainly because I’m going through peri-menopause which means instead of getting sad about things, I just feel cranky (and that’s putting it nicely! ha!)
7. The funniest joke you heard?
I’m more or a pun-ny person, so my favorite pun is
An Avon seller was driving down a dark road one evening when she hit a bunny. She got out and saw that it was dead. She ran to the back of her car and pulled out a can from her bag. She sprayed the bunny all over. In a bit, the bunny perked up and then got up and hopped a little bit and then waved and then hopped a little bit and then waved. Her passenger said, “What did you spray on that bunny?” She replied, “Hair (hare) restorer and permanent wave, of course!”
8. Do you have any pets?
I have two yorkies–a male named Scruffy and a female named Tessa. And about 15 feral cats that live outside that I feed. All are fixed, except the newest one that just had a baby. I’m going to work on getting those two fixed soon.
9. Your favourite song?
Forever Young by Rod Stewart
10. Who inspires you the most?
My daughter–she’s amazing! It’s been an awesome journey to be her Mom and watch her grow up into the beautiful, smart, incredible young woman she is today. She’s 22.
11. What are your hobbies?
I love to write, of course! And cycle and swim. And I love crafts and baking.
My Random Facts
Here are 11 random facts about me!
- I love country music (I grew up in the midwest)
- I have one biological child and 4 step-children and 2 step-granddaughters
- I work as a High School Guidance Counselor but prior to that I worked at a Community Mental Health Center for 10 years
- I have been married twice
- While I love to write children’s books, I love to read science fiction and spiritual books (weird combo, I know!)
- I’m an introvert but I actively worked at becoming more outgoing. My Mom, my sister, and my brother are all outgoing and I wanted to be more like them. They were great role models.
- I am a cyclist. Yes, one of those spandex wearing kind.
- I was a competitive swimmer growing up. My best event is 100 fly and I even set a High School record a 1:02
- I lived in Hawaii in High School. Best experience of my life and still have great friends in my life from those two (too short) years.
- I have recently gotten into something called Contemplative Meditation and it changed my life. If you do any kind of meditation, you will know what I’m talking about.
- I love God and believe in Jesus. Honestly, I don’t know where I would be without God in my life. I pray every day and believe in the power of prayer because I’ve seen miracles happen.
My Nominations and Questions
Yes, fellow bloggers, 11 of you have been nominated for the awesome blogs you have! Do note this isn’t mandatory; do feel free to decline it for any reason or even no reason at all and I promise I won’t mind. I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate your blogs.
This is the part I write 11 questions to you, but I’m just going to re-post the same questions I got for you.
- What is your favorite memory?
- What is one thing you regret, and if you could go back what would you do differently?
- What are your goals at the moment?
- How are you feeling right now?
- What did you have for dinner today?
- When was the last time you cried, and why?
- The funniest joke you heard?
- Do you have any pets?
- Your favorite song?
- Who inspires you the most?
- What are your hobbies?
Remember, it’s not mandatory!